Pharmaceutical companies face a variety of internal and external pressures, and the path to a successful launch can be challenging.
Honeywell and Aclar pharmaceutical packaging films can help ease some of those pressures that originator pharmaceutical companies like you face everyday. Honeywell and Aclar can:
- Increase the likelihood of passing stability
- Address growing cost pressures
- Achieve a global packaging platform
- Gain operational efficiencies
- Reduce expenses and capital expenditures
- Enhance your brand with slimmer, smaller packs
Contact us to learn why Aclar continues to be the gold standard in blister packaging for oral solids.
Package solutions vary by region, and no matter what solution you are currently using, adding Aclar film to your stability protocol can help you realize cost savings and operational efficiencies. Choosing Aclar may help you:
Meet your operating cost reduction targets
- Reduce pack size by up to 55%
- Lower production costs
Increase operational efficiencies
- Increase packaging line speed and line efficiency
- Increase operational flexibility
Meet your drug launch targets
- Protect your newest moisture-sensitive pharmaceuticals and new drug delivery systems
- Pass regulatory stability securely, on time, within budget
- Optimize shelf-life
- Standardize packaging across all climatic zones, including Zone 4b
Enhance your brand with packages that
- Make it easy to see your brand’s distinct shape and color
- Are easier for patients to use and promote patient compliance and adherence
- Are more environmentally friendly
Global support from concept to launch
Honeywell supports you in all phases of your packaging development – from design through production and testing, all the way to launch. Our global team of experts including lab resources in the U.S., China and India, will be with you every step of the way with the support you want at the time you need it. Honeywell offers:
Cost reduction analysis and support
- Design and optimization of package layout
- Costing tools for evaluating pack size and speed packaging economics
- Singular drug, portfolio and multi-site savings analyses
Barrier performance optimization
- Barrier material selection and theoretical barrier calculations
- Thermoform cavity design and optimization
- Tooling design best practices and analysis
Stability testing support
- Stability protocol recommendations
- Weight gain studies
- On-site training, stability trial support
Equipment efficiency optimization
- Blister packaging line optimization
- Thermoforming workshops and operator training
- Process optimization and tailored training programs
Download the technical services guide or contact us for more information.
Honeywell tools address a range of common technical and business challenges.
Aclar® Films Thermoforming Guideline
Although the thermoforming properties of the Aclar laminate are essentially defined by the substrate material to which it is laminated, there are recommended guidelines to follow to produce a high quality Aclar blister.
Tooling Design Best Practices for Aclar® Films
This guide allows you to optimize the barrier performance of you blister and increase the shelf life of your finished package. Aclar laminates do not require special tooling; however by following these best practices, you can maximize the performance of the Aclar film laminates you are considering.
Aclar® Films UltRx 6000 Technical Guide
Learn how to successfully design and thermoform an ultra-high barrier blister using a laminate made with the newest Honeywell product – Aclar® UltRx 6000 Film.
Instructions for Using Polarized Film
These instructions explain how to use polarized film for a simple, quick, non-destructive, qualitative test of blister cards. The test can be performed immediately after thermoforming and sealing to reveal any stress-forming in your blisters.
Thermoforming Packaging Economic Analysis
This quick and easy proprietary costing tool will help you determine the cost of your packaging versus alternative Cold Form Foil (CFF or Alu/Alu) packaging.
Blister Packaging of Oral Solids – Challenges for the Pharma Industry and Patient Implications.
Blister packaging has become a more important factor in addressing challenges for the pharmaceutical industry. Thermoforming films are enablers for optimizing blister pack designs that meet all stakeholders’ requirements. Decisions can be based on understanding and meeting patient needs while simultaneously offering opportunities for significant productivity gains in packaging operations.
Addressing Complex Needs of Pharmaceutical Stakeholders via Ultra-High-Barrier Thermoformed Packaging
A successful drug launch requires you to balance a wide range of differing needs. Globalization itself brings with it the need for better shelf life, simplified supply chains, and greater productivity.
Avoid Delays – How to Ensure Your Blister Passes Stability
Package integrity is integral to a successful drug launch. This white paper covers three guiding principles relevant to barrier films that you can employ to reduce the risk of failure, understand the barrier required to pass stability and avoid over-packaging and potential delay.